Shrimp Cashew Curry




I absolutely love shrimp. Since my husband doesn't care for shrimp I try to make it when he's not home. It was a very quick and easy dish that I made on one of the days I worked from home. The richness of whole, raw cashew added a different layer of flavor. Serve it with rice, pickle, and plan yogurt.

Ingredients:

Shrimp: 1/2 lb, cleaned
Onion: 1 small, chopped
Ginger: 1" piece, chopped
Garlic: 2 cloves, chopped
Green chili: 1, split
Turmeric Powder: 1/4 tsp + 1 pinch
Chili Powder: 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder: 1 tsp
Cashews: Handful
Mustard seeds: 1/2 tsp
Coconut milk: 1/4 cup
Salt: Enough
Oil: 1 Tbsp

Method:

Marinate shrimp with a pinch of turmeric powder and salt and set aside.
In a pan heat up oil and add mustard seeds and let is splutter.
Add Onion, garlic, ginger, green chili and saute till onion is translucent.
Add turmeric, chili, and coriander powders and saute till the raw smell goes away.
To this add the cashews and stir till its well coated.
Add shrimp, stir well, cover and cook in medium heat till shrimp is cooked halfway.
Add coconut milk, check for salt and cook till shrimp is completely cooked.

Note: You can add curry leaves and cilantro leaves to this. I didn't add any since I didn't have any with me that day.





Comments

Post a Comment