Onion: 1 small, thinly sliced
Garlic: 1 clove, thinly sliced
Ginger: 1" minced
Curry leaves: 1 stem, torn
Mustard seeds: 1/2 tsp
Fenugreek seeds: 1/4 tsp
Dry chilli: 3-4
Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
Oil & Salt
- Beat the yogurt and add enough water according to the consistency you want and set aside. (I personally prefer slightly thick curry)
- Heat little oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds
- Add sliced onion, garlic, ginger, dried chillies, and curry leaves and let it fry for 2 minutes
- Now add turmeric powder and salt and mix well and let it fry for another 4-5 minutes or until the onion is golden brown.
- Turn off the heat and add the beat yogurt to the onion mixture and mix well.
- Once it is mixed well transfer it to another bowl and serve with hot rice.