1 1/2 cup Chana (vella kadala) (soaked in water for at least 6-7 hours)
1 clove garlic
1 green chilli (cut lengthwise)
1 medium onion (diced)
1 medium tomato (diced)
1 sprig curry leaves
1/4 tsp fennel seeds
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp turmeric
1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 1/2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp chana masala
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tbsp oil
1 cup water
- Wash the soaked Chana and put it in a pressure cooker with 1 clove of garlic, 1 green chilli, a pinch of salt and turmeric along with water. Wait for about 3-4 whistles.
- In a pan heat some oil. Put mustard and fennel seeds and let it sputter.
- Add diced onions and stir until they become soft. Add ginger garlic paste and stir for about a minute.
- Now add turmeric, chilli powder, coriander powder, and chana masala and roast them for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes put some salt
- When the tomatoes become soft put the cooked chana in the masala. Pour in a cup of water, stir it, cover and let it simmer in medium heat.
- You can add more water if you want more gravy.
- Turn off the heat, throw in a handful of coriander leaves, stir, and serve it warm with rice, chapathi, or puri. Enjoy!!!