Beef - 1.5 lbs, cut into cubes
Onion - 1 large, diced
Garlic - 4-5 cloves, minced
Ginger - 2" piece, minced
Green chili - 2, split lengthwise
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Coriander Powder - 2 Tbsp
Chili Powder - 1 tsp
Garam Masala - 1 tsp
Black Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
Salt - Enough
Vinegar - 2 tsp
Cilantro - 1 handful, chopped
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Coconut Oil - 2 tsp
Water - 1/2 cup
- In a pan heat coconut oil and saute onion, garlic, ginger, green chili, and curry leaves till onion is translucent.
- Add all the salt, garam masala, coriander, turmeric, and chili powders to this and cook till the raw smell goes away ~5 minutes on low heat.
- Add cleaned beef cubes and mix well.
- Add vinegar, water. Mix well and cover and cook on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add cilantro leaves and black pepper powder. Mix, cover and cook for another 10 minutes n medium heat.
- If the dish is too watery uncover and cook on high heat for another 5-10 minutes.
Serve warm with chappathi or rice, pickle, pappadam, and moru curry.